CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Enclosed is the information for the 2015 Scholarship:
September 24, 2015
Local 2323, I.B.E.W. Telephone Division in Rhode Island is pleased to announce the
annual renewal for 2015 of its scholarship in the amount of $1000.00 per year for the sons and
daughters of active dues paying members.
In order for you to understand the rules for eligibility and selection of the scholarships
for 2015, the Executive Board of this Local has drawn up the following guidelines:
1. The applicant shall be the natural or legally adopted child up to the age of 25 of an
active dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323 for six months at the time of this
application or a retired dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323.
2. Graduate of any public, private or parochial high school or the equivalent who plan to
attend a school of higher education.
3. Acceptance at an accredited college or school of higher education.
4. Verification of union membership of Local 2323 of parent and address of employment,
5. The deadline will be date of the Executive Board meeting in October.
1. The Scholarship Committee appointed by the President will be the Executive Board.
2. The winner will be selected at a union meeting in November.
3. There will be three names drawn.
(a) The first name drawn will be the winner of the 2015 IBEW Local 2323 Scholarship
(b) in the amount of $1000.00.
(b) The second name drawn will be the 1 st runner up. The third name drawn will be the
2nd runner up.
4. The scholarship will not be confined to academic programs, but will also be granted to
students planning post-graduate or vocational studies.
5. Should the winner of the scholarship transfer to another college or school of higher
education during the term of the scholarship, the Scholarship Committee must be notified and
may review whether the scholarship should continue.
6. The award will be paid to the parent of the $1000.00 scholarship recipient upon proof
of receipt or proof of payment to the institution of higher learning for that semester, not to
7. The scholarship for 2015 will be terminated when the recipient:
(a) has received a total of $1000.00 from the Scholarship fund;
(b) has completed the course of study for an undergraduate degree or post graduate degree:
(c) is expelled, suspended or withdraws from the selected college or school of high education.
8. It is expected that the scholarship program will continue indefinitely, however,
conditions may require changes or modifications. The right to modify or terminate the program,
in whole or in part is reserved by the committee. In the event of such changes, scholarships in
effect will be continued for their duration.
If you wish to make an application, fill out the application form and forward the same to
the Local’s Business Office by mail to Local 2323 Scholarship Fund, 22 Amflex Drive,
Cranston, RI 02901 or fax the application to 946-2327 where they will be reviewed.
IBEW Local 2323