Why join a Union???
With a Union you will have the right to have representation present during corrective action meetings with your supervisor. If you face discipline, and or termination, you will have to be given a reason of “just cause”, and no longer just the whim of management.
With a Union you will have a clearly defined and bargained for wage/compensation structure.
Workers like you — benefit from the union’s collective bargaining power to negotiate with employers on their behalf.
This basic right gives you as a union member more power than if you tried to negotiate as an individual. There is strength in numbers.
Unions help protect employees from unjust dismissal through collective bargaining agreements (CBA). Because of this, most union employees cannot be fired without “just cause.” This is unlike many nonunion workers who are considered “at-will” employees and can be fired at any time for almost any reason.
Benefits of union membership
- Gain a voice in the work place.
- Representation on the job.
- Job Security.
- Union employees make an average of 30% more than non-union workers.
- 92% of union workers have job-related health coverage versus 68% of non-union workers.
- Union workers are more likely to have guaranteed pensions than non-union employees.