Sadly, the Union has learned of the passing of Lois Kopecky, a retired longtime member who worked as a Service Representative in the Collections office in Providence. Lois was a friend to many and will be missed.
Calling hours are as follows:
Saturday Aug 18th, 2018
11:00am – 1:00pm
Perry McStay Funeral Home
2555 Pawtucket Ave
East Providence, RI
- Hannah Hendricks
- Samantha Gowdey
- Sarah Aubin
- Nicole Flynn
- Matthew Gowdey
Congratulations to the winners!
Ratification voting of the proposed contract extension will continue through next Friday August, 3rd. Voting will take place at the Union Hall from 9:00am until 4:00pm. Please make every effort to stop by and vote!
Information meetings & voting for the 2018 Contract Extension will take place on the following date:
Sunday 7/22/18 at 10:00am in the Union office
Monday 7/23/18 @ 9:00 and again at 6:00pm in the Union office
Voting only will be available Monday 7/23 through Friday 7/27 9:00am-4:00pm in the Union office.
Proposed 2018 MOU
This is the proposed agreement subject to ratification. Special informational meetings will be scheduled as soon as possible to discuss the terms of the agreement and allow voting.
Please see attached PDF.
Summary of 2018 Memorandum of Understanding – Tentative Agreement July 19 2018
The IBEW, CWA, and Verizon have reached an agreement in principle to extend the collective bargaining agreements for a four-year period. The current agreements are set to expire on August 3, 2019. If finalized, the agreements will extend through August 5, 2023. The company and the unions are documenting the understanding in signed contracts and expect to have that completed this week, at which time we will communicate further details.
The contract will be subject to ratification by our members. We will keep you posted.
Verizon Bargaining Update:
As you already know, CWA, IBEW and Verizon began meeting for a two-week period to attempt to negotiate the terms of a possible extension to the collective bargaining agreements that are set to expire in August 2019. We have agreed with the Company to extend the negotiations for a few additional days after the holiday. Meetings are expected to resume in the middle of next week.
We will provide additional updates as appropriate.
Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday.
(4) OF THE POSTERS ARE BEING CANCELLED AND POSTED EXTERNALLY.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Springfield (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Framingham (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Providence (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (7A-4P) (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (12A-8A) – remains posting as internal req.
5 NE associate vacancies for posting period 6/27/18 through 7/3/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Springfield
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Framingham
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Providence
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (7A-4P)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (12A-8A)
All unit meetings for the months of July and August will be suspended and we will resume the normal meeting schedule in September. Enjoy your summer!