IBEW Local 2323
PICKET LINE DO’S AND DONT’S
• Picket in an orderly fashion, in a safe area, with your fellow union members
• Park in a safe area near the picket line
• Follow the instructions of police and public safety personnel, including firefighters and
emergency personnel. Introduce yourself to the police officer on duty. You can ask police to
confirm CDL license for management or replacement drivers, or to control traffic.
• Wear safe, bright, weather-appropriate clothing and footwear, especially Union apparel.
• Ask customers to shop elsewhere; ask delivery drivers to not make deliveries. You can talk to
people when they arrive and, if they enter, when they leave. Don’t interfere with pharmacy-
only customers. Encourage replacement workers not to scab.
• Follow your assigned picket schedule.
• Ask your friends, family and other workers to join you on the picket line; make sure they see
these do’s and don’ts
• Anyone disrupting the picket line, or refusing to follow these rules, should be told to leave
• Making a record of any unusual incidents, of injuries, accidents or arrests, with the date,
time, place, description and people involved,
Call the Union office with any issues or questions.
Direct media questions to Steve Murphy.
• Obviously, no violence or lawbreaking
• Don’t speak with company security or management about Union issues
• Don’t wear your picket sign away from the picket line
• Don’t engage hecklers or troublemakers. Ask police to get involved if you don’t feel safe
• Don’t use alcohol or drugs, or carry weapons, at or near the picket line.
• Don’t use profanity, threats or abusive language.
• Don’t block the sidewalk or street