Information meetings & voting for the 2018 Contract Extension will take place on the following date:
Sunday 7/22/18 at 10:00am in the Union office
Monday 7/23/18 @ 9:00 and again at 6:00pm in the Union office
Voting only will be available Monday 7/23 through Friday 7/27 9:00am-4:00pm in the Union office.
Proposed 2018 MOU
This is the proposed agreement subject to ratification. Special informational meetings will be scheduled as soon as possible to discuss the terms of the agreement and allow voting.
Please see attached PDF.
Summary of 2018 Memorandum of Understanding – Tentative Agreement July 19 2018
The IBEW, CWA, and Verizon have reached an agreement in principle to extend the collective bargaining agreements for a four-year period. The current agreements are set to expire on August 3, 2019. If finalized, the agreements will extend through August 5, 2023. The company and the unions are documenting the understanding in signed contracts and expect to have that completed this week, at which time we will communicate further details.
The contract will be subject to ratification by our members. We will keep you posted.
Verizon Bargaining Update:
As you already know, CWA, IBEW and Verizon began meeting for a two-week period to attempt to negotiate the terms of a possible extension to the collective bargaining agreements that are set to expire in August 2019. We have agreed with the Company to extend the negotiations for a few additional days after the holiday. Meetings are expected to resume in the middle of next week.
We will provide additional updates as appropriate.
Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday.
(4) OF THE POSTERS ARE BEING CANCELLED AND POSTED EXTERNALLY.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Springfield (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Framingham (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Providence (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (7A-4P) (CANCELLED – POSTING EXTERNAL)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (12A-8A) – remains posting as internal req.
5 NE associate vacancies for posting period 6/27/18 through 7/3/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Springfield
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Framingham
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Providence
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (7A-4P)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (12A-8A)
All unit meetings for the months of July and August will be suspended and we will resume the normal meeting schedule in September. Enjoy your summer!
1 NE associate vacancy for posting period 6/13/18 through 6/19/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Brockton
2018 Scholarship Rules
Local 2323, I.B.E.W. Telephone Division in Rhode Island is pleased to announce the annual renewal for 2018 of its scholarship in the amount of $1000.00 per year for the sons and daughters of active dues paying members.
In order for you to understand the rules for eligibility and selection of the scholarships for 2018, the Executive Board of this Local has drawn up the following guidelines:
- The applicant shall be the natural or legally adopted child up to the age of 25 of an active dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323 for six months at the time of this application or a retired dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323.
- Graduate of any public, private or parochial high school or the equivalent who plan to attend a school of higher education.
- Acceptance at an accredited college or school of higher education.
- Verification of union membership of Local 2323 of parent and address of employment, if applicable.
- The deadline will be the day of the Executive Board meeting on July 26th, 2018.
- The Scholarship Committee appointed by the President will be the Executive Board.
- The winners will be selected at the Executive Board meeting in July.
- There will be ten names drawn.
(a) The first five (5) names drawn will be the winners of the 2018 IBEW Local 2323 Scholarship in the amount of $1000.00.
(b) The sixth name drawn will be the 1st runner up. The seventh name drawn will be the 2nd runner up, and so on.
- The scholarship will not be confined to academic programs, but will also be granted to students planning post-graduate or vocational studies.
- Should the winner of the scholarship transfer to another college or school of higher education during the term of the scholarship, the Scholarship Committee must be notified and may review whether the scholarship should continue.
- The award will be paid to the parent of the $1000.00 scholarship recipient upon proof of receipt or proof of payment to the institution of higher learning for that semester, not to exceed $1000.00.
- The scholarship for 2018 will be terminated when the recipient:
(a) has received a total of $1000.00 from the Scholarship fund;
(b) has completed the course of study for an undergraduate degree or post graduate degree:
(c) is expelled, suspended or withdraws from the selected college or school of high education.
- It is expected that the scholarship program will continue indefinitely, however, conditions may require changes or modifications. The right to modify or terminate the program, in whole or in part is reserved by the committee. In the event of such changes, scholarships in effect will be continued for their duration.
If you wish to to eligible, fill out the attached application form and forward the same to the Local’s Business Office by mail to Local 2323 Scholarship Fund, 22 Amflex Drive, Cranston, RI 02921 or fax the application to (401) 946-2327 where they will be reviewed.
2018 Scholarship Application-Letterhead PDF
1 NE associate vacancy for posting period 5/30/18 through 6/6/18.
- Outside Plant Technician, (1) Braintree