5 NE associate vacancies for posting period 6/27/18 through 7/3/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Springfield
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Framingham
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Providence
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (7A-4P)
- Central Office Technician, (1) Milford (12A-8A)
All unit meetings for the months of July and August will be suspended and we will resume the normal meeting schedule in September. Enjoy your summer!
1 NE associate vacancy for posting period 6/13/18 through 6/19/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Brockton
2018 Scholarship Rules
Local 2323, I.B.E.W. Telephone Division in Rhode Island is pleased to announce the annual renewal for 2018 of its scholarship in the amount of $1000.00 per year for the sons and daughters of active dues paying members.
In order for you to understand the rules for eligibility and selection of the scholarships for 2018, the Executive Board of this Local has drawn up the following guidelines:
- The applicant shall be the natural or legally adopted child up to the age of 25 of an active dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323 for six months at the time of this application or a retired dues paying member in good standing of Local 2323.
- Graduate of any public, private or parochial high school or the equivalent who plan to attend a school of higher education.
- Acceptance at an accredited college or school of higher education.
- Verification of union membership of Local 2323 of parent and address of employment, if applicable.
- The deadline will be the day of the Executive Board meeting on July 26th, 2018.
- The Scholarship Committee appointed by the President will be the Executive Board.
- The winners will be selected at the Executive Board meeting in July.
- There will be ten names drawn.
(a) The first five (5) names drawn will be the winners of the 2018 IBEW Local 2323 Scholarship in the amount of $1000.00.
(b) The sixth name drawn will be the 1st runner up. The seventh name drawn will be the 2nd runner up, and so on.
- The scholarship will not be confined to academic programs, but will also be granted to students planning post-graduate or vocational studies.
- Should the winner of the scholarship transfer to another college or school of higher education during the term of the scholarship, the Scholarship Committee must be notified and may review whether the scholarship should continue.
- The award will be paid to the parent of the $1000.00 scholarship recipient upon proof of receipt or proof of payment to the institution of higher learning for that semester, not to exceed $1000.00.
- The scholarship for 2018 will be terminated when the recipient:
(a) has received a total of $1000.00 from the Scholarship fund;
(b) has completed the course of study for an undergraduate degree or post graduate degree:
(c) is expelled, suspended or withdraws from the selected college or school of high education.
- It is expected that the scholarship program will continue indefinitely, however, conditions may require changes or modifications. The right to modify or terminate the program, in whole or in part is reserved by the committee. In the event of such changes, scholarships in effect will be continued for their duration.
If you wish to to eligible, fill out the attached application form and forward the same to the Local’s Business Office by mail to Local 2323 Scholarship Fund, 22 Amflex Drive, Cranston, RI 02921 or fax the application to (401) 946-2327 where they will be reviewed.
2018 Scholarship Application-Letterhead PDF
1 NE associate vacancy for posting period 5/30/18 through 6/6/18.
- Outside Plant Technician, (1) Braintree
2 NE associate vacancies for posting period 5/23/18 through 5/29/18.
- Equipment Installation Technician, (1) Boston
- Central Office Technician, (1) East Boston
Brothers and Sisters of IBEW Local 2323 the following is a joint statement from IBEW and CWA:
“As you know, our current collective bargaining agreement with Verizon does not expire until August, 2019, a little less than 15 months from now.
However, Verizon, CWA and IBEW are jointly announcing today that we will be entering into two weeks of bargaining beginning June 18, 2018 to determine whether it is possible to agree on the terms of a contract extension.
This development reflects an improved relationship with the company since the conclusion of our strike just about two years ago. We will keep you posted on further developments.”
While it has been some time since negations between the IBEW SCT-6 Business Managers and the Company began this early, it is not unprecedented. Our 1991 Contract was due to expire on August 5, 1995. Early bargaining began in January of 1994. Discussions continued from time to time and the parties reached an agreement in August of 1994. That extension resulted in a contract that began August 5, 1994 and expired August 8, 1998.
The items which will be discussed between the parties will be limited to Wages, Medical, and Duration of Contract.
There will be a BLACKOUT after today on the proceedings of bargaining.
There will be NO daily bargaining updates.
Whenever there is an opportunity to discuss issues that protect our Members work and future, we are duty bound to engage the Company in those talks. There are no guarantees that these discussions will result in an agreement, but we are cautiously optimistic. If an agreement is reached the Members will vote to ratify.
The Membership will be notified of the outcome of these talks as soon as the situation permits.
4 NE associate vacancies for posting period 5/16/18 through 5/22/18.
- Splice-Service Technician, (3) W Roxbury
- Splice-Service Technician, (1) Woburn
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING REQ #485799 – SST WOBURN:
- This req posted last week and is being extended through 5/22/18
- The req is for I/M, not CXM. The req incorrectly stated CXM last week
- The number of openings has been reduced from 4 to 1. The remaining 3 are being re-posted this week in W. Roxbury
The Company is declaring a surplus under the provisions of Article G25 of the Labor
Agreement. This notification includes a surplus in the departments, job titles, bargaining units
and locations for Local 2323 as listed below.
The Company will offer the provisions of an Enhanced Income Protection Plan (EIPP)
to regular employees in the surplus job titles at the work locations involved. EIPP offers will be
distributed to the affected employees by May 16, 2018. An employee’s election to accept the offer must
be in writing and transmitted to the Company within fifteen days from the date of the offer. The
decision is irrevocable after such fifteen-day period (May 30, 2018). The final date of employment in this case for those accepted volunteers will be June 23, 2018.
Administrative Assistant – Pawtucket – 85 High St (2)
Central Office Technician – Driver B – Warwick – 100 New England Way (1)
Translations Administrator Assistant – Providence – 234 Washington St (1)